Place:


Hoe  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hoe like this:

HOE, or Hoo, a parish in Mitford district, Norfolk; adjacent to the Norwich and Wells railway, 2½ miles N by E of East Dereham. Post town, Dereham. Acres, 1, 400. Real property, £2, 057. Pop., 169. Houses, 41. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to the Rev. Henry Lombe. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of East Dereham, in the diocese of Norwich. The church is good, and has a low tower. There are charities £24, and a poors' allotment of 12 acres.

Hoe through time

Hoe is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hoe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hoe, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3370

Date accessed: 17th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hoe ".