Place:


St Pauls Cray  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Pauls Cray like this:

CRAY (St. Pauls), a parish in Bromley district, Kent; on the rivulet Cray, ¾ of a mile NNE of St. Mary-Cray r. station, and 4½ E of Bromley. It has a post office under Foots-Cray, London, S. E. Acres, 1, 651. Real property, £3, 556. Pop., 532. Houses, 102. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £483.* Patron, Viscount Sydney. The church is Norman and early English; and its chancel was lately restored. There are a national school and charities £4.

St Pauls Cray through time

St Pauls Cray is now part of Bromley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bromley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Pauls Cray itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Pauls Cray, in Bromley and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3354

Date accessed: 25th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Pauls Cray ".