Place:


Caldecote  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Caldecote like this:

CALDECOT, a parish in Swaffham district, Norfolk: 4 miles NE of Stoke-Ferry, and 6½ SW of Swaffham r. station. Post Town, Stoke-Ferry, under Brandon. Acres, 930. Real property, £367. Pop., 39. Houses, 6. The living is a sinecure rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £6. Patron, Sir H. R. P. Bedingfield, Bart.

Caldecote through time

Caldecote is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Caldecote itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Caldecote, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3341

Date accessed: 26th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Caldecote ".