Place:


Wretton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wretton like this:

WRETTON, a parish in Downham district, Norfolk; 1 mile W of Stoke-Ferry, and 6 ESE of Downham r. station. Post town, Stoke-Ferry, under Brandon. Acres, 1,154. Real property, £2,380. Pop., 490. Houses, 108. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Wereham. The church is good; and there are a Primitive Methodist chapel and charities £16.

Wretton through time

Wretton is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wretton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wretton in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3293

Date accessed: 05th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wretton ".