Place:


Thwaite St Mary  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thwaite St Mary like this:

THWAITE-ST. MARY, a parish in Loddon district, Norfolk; 3½ miles N of Bungay r. station. Post town, Bungay. Acres, 676. Real property, £1,089. Pop., 136. Houses, 29. The property is chiefly divided between two. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £200. Patron, the Duke of Norfolk. The church is tolerable.

Thwaite St Mary through time

Thwaite St Mary is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thwaite St Mary itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thwaite St Mary in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3292

Date accessed: 21st February 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thwaite St Mary ".