Place:


Swanton Morley  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Swanton Morley like this:

SWANTON-MORLEY, a parish, with a village, in Mitford district, Norfolk; on the river Wensum, 3½ miles NE by N of East Dereham r. station. It has a post-office under Dereham. Acres, 2,714. Real property, £5,514. Pop., 769. Houses, 175. The manor belongs to the Rev. H. Lombe. The living is a rectory, united with Worthing, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £1,065.* Patron, the Rev. H. Lombe. The church was built in 1379. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel, a national school, and charities £55.

Swanton Morley through time

Swanton Morley is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Swanton Morley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Swanton Morley, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3291

Date accessed: 10th May 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Swanton Morley ".