Place:


Kingsdown  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kingsdown like this:

KINGSDOWN, a parish in Milton district, Kent; 4 miles SSE of Sittingbourne r. station. Post town, Sittingbourne. Acres, 695. Real property, £931. Pop., 96. Houses, 18. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Lord Kingsdown. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Valne, £200. Patron, Lord Kingsdown. The church was built in 1865, after designs by Pugin; is in the early English style: and consists of nave and chancel, with a spire.

Kingsdown through time

Kingsdown is now part of Tonbridge and Malling district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tonbridge and Malling has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kingsdown itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kingsdown, in Tonbridge and Malling and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3264

Date accessed: 20th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Kingsdown".