Place:


Steventon  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Steventon like this:

STEVENTON, a parish in Basingstoke district, Hants; on the Southwestern railway, 6½ miles SW of Basingstoke. It has a post-office under Micheldever Station. Acres, 2,100. Real property, £1,664. Pop., 167. Houses, 38. The manor belongs to E. Knight, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £85.* Patron, the Rev. G. Alder. The church is ancient but good. Miss Austen was a native.

Steventon through time

Steventon is now part of Basingstoke and Deane district. Click here for graphs and data of how Basingstoke and Deane has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Steventon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Steventon, in Basingstoke and Deane and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3238

Date accessed: 16th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Steventon ".