Place:


South Pickenham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Pickenham like this:

PICKENHAM (South), a parish in Swaffham district, Norfolk; on the river Wissey, 4¼ miles S S E of Swaffham r. station. Post-town, Swaffham. Acres, 1,830. Real property, £1, 770. Pop., 159. Houses, 31. The property is divided among a few. The manor, with P. Hall, belongs to E. A. Applewhaite, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £344. Patron, E. A. Applewhaite, Esq. The church is good, has a round tower, and contains monuments of the Chutes.

South Pickenham through time

South Pickenham is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about South Pickenham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Pickenham, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3233

Date accessed: 21st September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " South Pickenham ".