Place:


Edworth  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Edworth like this:

EDWORTH, a parish in Biggleswade district, Beds; near the Roman way and adjacent to Herts, 3½ miles NE of Arlesey r. station and 3½ SE of Biggleswade. Post town, Stotfold, under Baldock. Acres, 1, 099. Real property, £1, 455. Pop., 99. Houses, 18. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £190. Patron,C. Hale, Esq. The church is good.

Edworth through time

Edworth is now part of Mid Bedfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Bedfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Edworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Edworth in Mid Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3176

Date accessed: 18th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Edworth ".