Place:


Terrington St John  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Terrington St John like this:

TERRINGTON-ST. JOHN, a parish, with a village, in the district of Wisbeach and county of Norfolk; 2½ miles S by W of Terrington r. station, and 6½ WSW of Lynn. It has a post-office under Lynn. Real property, £6,292. Pop., 793. Houses, 181. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £220.* Patron, the Crown. The church is of the 15th century, and has a detached tower. There are a New Connexion Methodist chapel, and charities £50.

Terrington St John through time

Terrington St John is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Terrington St John itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Terrington St John in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3110

Date accessed: 29th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Terrington St John ".