Place:


Keysoe  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Keysoe like this:

KEYSOE, a village and a parish in the district and county of Bedford. The village stands 4 miles SSW of Kimbolton,and 5½ ENE of Sharnbrook r. station; was anciently called Caissot; is a very scattered place, connected at the ends with Keysoe-Row and Brook-End; and has a post office under St. ...


Neots. The parish comprises 3, 564 acres. Real property, £4, 023. Pop., 867. Houses, 186. The property is subdivided. The principal manor belongs to John S. Crawley, Esq. A broken piece of ground in the NE is thought to have been the site of a Romano-British town. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £225. * Patron, Trinity College, Cambridge. The church is decorated and later English, in good condition; consists of nave, N aisle, and chancel, with W tower and spire; and contains an early English font and a piscina. There are Baptist chapels at Keysoe-Row and Brook-End, and a national school.

Keysoe through time

Keysoe is now part of Bedford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bedford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Keysoe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Keysoe, in Bedford and Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3093

Date accessed: 06th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Keysoe ".