Place:


Botwnnog  Caernarvonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Botwnnog like this:

BOTTWNOG, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; 5½ miles SSW of Nevin, and 8 WSW of Pwllheli r. station. It has a post office under Pwllheli. Acres, 487. Real property, £701. Pop., 138. Houses, 38. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Myllteyrn, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is very good; and there is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel. An endowed school has £206 a year; and other charities have £6.

Botwnnog through time

Botwnnog is now part of Gwynedd district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gwynedd has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Botwnnog itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Botwnnog, in Gwynedd and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3062

Date accessed: 27th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Botwnnog ".