Place:


East Bilney  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Bilney like this:

BILNEY (East), a parish in Mitford district, Norfolk; 3 miles WSW of Elmham r. station, and 5 NNW of East Dereham. It has a post office under Swaffham. Acres, 544. Real property, £1,004. Pop., 198. Houses, 43. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Beetley, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £642. Patron, W. Collison, Esq. The church is good. Bilney, the martyr, burned at Norwich in 1531, was a native.

East Bilney through time

East Bilney is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Bilney itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Bilney, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2990

Date accessed: 20th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Bilney ".