Place:


Caston  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Caston like this:

CASTON, a parish in Wayland district, Norfolk; 3¾ miles SE of Watton, and 6 WNW of Attleborough r. station. It has a post office under Attleborough. Acres, 1,557. Real property, £3,122. Pop., 510. Houses, 116. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £495.* Patron, Henry Dover, Esq. The church is good; and there are a Wesleyan chapel, a n. school, and charities £10.

Caston through time

Caston is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Caston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Caston, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2934

Date accessed: 20th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Caston ".