Place:


West Walton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Walton like this:

WALTON (West), a parish in the district of Wisbeach and county of Norfolk; 3 miles NNE of Wisbeach r. station. It has a post-office under Wisbeach. Acres, 5,219. Real property, £11,920. Pop., 950. Houses, 201. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory of two parts, W.-Eliensis and W.-Lewis, in the diocese of Norwich. ...


Value of W.-E., £572;* of W.-L., £802. Patron of W.-E., the Lord Chancellor; of W.-L., the Rev.H. Townshend. The church is early English, and has a detached tower. A school-room is used as a chapel of ease. There are chapels for Baptists and Primitive Methodists, an endowed school with £23 a year, and charities £67.

West Walton through time

West Walton is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Walton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Walton in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2910

Date accessed: 29th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Walton ".