Place:


Great Eversden  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Eversden like this:

EVERSDEN (Great), a parish in Caxton district, Cambridge; near Bourn brook and Nare way, adjacent to the Bedford and Cambridge railway, near Old North Road r. station, 5 miles SE by S of Caxton. It has a post office under Cambridge. Acres, 1, 200. Real property, £1, 729. Pop., 314. Houses, 67. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £59. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient. There are an Independent chapel and a British school.

Great Eversden through time

Great Eversden is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Great Eversden itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Eversden in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2896

Date accessed: 26th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Great Eversden ".