Place:


Yaxham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Yaxham like this:

YAXHAM, a parish, with a village, in Mitford district, Norfolk; on the Wymondham and Dereham railway, 2 miles SSE of East Dereham. It has a post-office under Thetford, and a r. station. Acres, 1,596. Real property, £3,868. Pop., 479. Houses, 80. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £500.* Patron, the Rev. W.Johnson. The church is good; and there are a national school, and charities £4 and 20 acres of fuel allotment.

Yaxham through time

Yaxham is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Yaxham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Yaxham, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2808

Date accessed: 09th May 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Yaxham ".