Place:


Putley  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Putley like this:

PUTLEY, a parish in Ledbury district, Hereford; 1¾mile S by W of Ashperton r. station, and 4¼ W of Ledbury. Post-town, Ledbury. Acres, 589. Real property, £1, 113. Pop., 197. Houses, 43. The manor belongs to Major Stock. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £118.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Hereford. The church is good.

Putley through time

Putley is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Putley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Putley in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2729

Date accessed: 26th October 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Putley ".