Place:


Weston Beggard  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weston Beggard like this:

WESTON-BEGGARD, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Hereford; 2 miles W by S of Stoke-Edith r. station, and 5½ E by N of Hereford. Post-tow, Hereford. Acres, 934. Real property, £1,771. Pop. in 1851, 267; in 1861, 372. Houses, 71. The increase of pop. arose from the temporary presence of railway labourers. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £130. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of H. The church is plain; and there is a national school.

Weston Beggard through time

Weston Beggard is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Weston Beggard itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weston Beggard in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2722

Date accessed: 18th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Weston Beggard".