Place:


Littleferry  Sutherland

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Littleferry like this:

Ferry, Little, a ferry (1 furlong broad) on the mutual boundary of Dornoch and Golspie parishes, Sutherland, across the neck of water between Loch Fleet and the sea, 4¼ miles N by E of Dornoch town. An action was fought on the N side of it, in 1746, between the Jacobites and the militia.

Littleferry through time

Littleferry is now part of Highland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Highland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Littleferry itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Littleferry, in Highland and Sutherland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26846

Date accessed: 23rd April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Littleferry".