Place:


Edgefield  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Edgefield like this:

EDGEFIELD, a parish in Erpingham district, Norfolk; 3 miles S of Holt, and 10½ E of Walsingham r. station. Post town, Holt, under Thetford. Acres, 2, 435. Real property, £3, 576. Pop., 624. Houses, 148. A large wood here was recently cleared. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £574.* Patron, John Marcon, Esq. The church is ancient but good, and has an octagonal tower. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel and a national school.

Edgefield through time

Edgefield is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Edgefield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Edgefield in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2641

Date accessed: 09th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Edgefield ".