Place:


Northrepps  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Northrepps like this:

REPPS (North), a village and a parish in Erpingham district, Norfolk. The village stands 1½ mile from the coast, 3 S E of Cromer, and 6½ N N W of North Walsham r. station; and has a post-office under Norwich. The parish comprises 2, 731 acres. Real property, £3, 546. Pop., 625. ...


Houses, 154. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Lord Suffield. N. R. Hall is the seat of J. H. Gurney, Esq.; and was the death-place, in 1845, of Sir F. Buxton. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £581.* Patron, the Duchy of Lancaster. The church was recently repaired. There are an endowed school and charities, with aggregately £22.

Northrepps through time

Northrepps is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Northrepps itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Northrepps in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2630

Date accessed: 10th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Northrepps ".