Place:


Hampton and Claverton  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hampton and Claverton like this:

HAMPTON AND CLAVERTON, a liberty in Somerset; consisting of two portions, surrounded by BathForum; and containing three parishes. Acres, 4, 593. Pop., 973. Houses, 147.

Hampton and Claverton through time

Hampton and Claverton is now part of Bath and North East Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bath and North East Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hampton and Claverton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hampton and Claverton in Bath and North East Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26124

Date accessed: 20th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hampton and Claverton ".