Place:


Manston  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Manston like this:

MANSTON, a hamlet in St. Lawrence parish, Kent; 2 miles W of Ramsgate. Manston Court was the seat of the Manstons, who settled here in the time of King John; and it is now a farm-house. A chapel was connected with it, and considerable remains of the chapel still exist

Additional information about this locality is available for St Lawrence

Manston through time

Manston is now part of Thanet district. Click here for graphs and data of how Thanet has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Manston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Manston, in Thanet and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26085

Date accessed: 26th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Manston ".