Place:


Saltram  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Saltram like this:

SALTRAM, the seat of the Earl of Morley, in the S W of Devon; on the Catwater, 2 miles E N E of Plymouth. It was built in the early part of last century by Lady O. Parker; it measures 170 feet by 135; and it is noted fora rich gallery of pictures, formed chiefly by Sir J. Reynolds for the first Lord Boringdon.

Additional information about this locality is available for Plympton

Saltram through time

Saltram is now part of Plymouth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Plymouth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Saltram itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Saltram, in Plymouth and Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26060

Date accessed: 08th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Saltram ".