Place:


Bantham  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bantham like this:

BANTHAM, a hamlet in Thurlestone parish, Devon; on the river Avon, ½ a mile above its mouth, and 4¼ miles W of Kingsbridge. A ferry is here across the river; and a roadstead adjacent gives shelter to small craft.

Additional information about this locality is available for Thurlestone

Bantham through time

Bantham is now part of South Hams district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Hams has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bantham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bantham, in South Hams and Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26049

Date accessed: 10th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bantham ".