Place:


Hauxton  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hauxton like this:

HAUXTON, a parish in Chcsterton district, Cambridgeshire; on the river Cam, 1 mile E of Harston r. station, and 4 SSW of Cambridge. Post town, Trumpington, under Cambridge. Acres, 568. Real property, £1, 315. Pop., 262. Houses, 56. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Newton, in the diocese of Ely. Value, £164.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Ely. The church has a Norman door, and was recently in disrepair.

Hauxton through time

Hauxton is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hauxton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hauxton in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2592

Date accessed: 23rd October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hauxton ".