Place:


Old Swan  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Old Swan like this:

OLD SWAN, a village in Stanley chapelry, West Derby township and parish, Lancashire; 3 miles E of Liverpool. It has a post-office‡ under Liverpool, St. Oswald's Roman Catholic chapel, and St. Anne's national school; and in its neighbourhood are glass-works, a rope manufactory, and borax works.

Additional information about this locality is available for West Derby

Old Swan through time

Old Swan is now part of Liverpool district. Click here for graphs and data of how Liverpool has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Old Swan itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Old Swan, in Liverpool and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25808

Date accessed: 09th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Old Swan ".