Place:


Marston  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Marston like this:

MARSTON, a chapelry in Yardley parish, Worcester; around Hall-Green, adjacent to the boundary with Warwick, 1½ mile SW of Acocks-Green r. station, and 3½ SE by S of Birmingham. Post town, Hall-Green, under Birmingham. The chapelry has no defined limits. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £290. * Patrons, Trustees. The church was bnilt, by Job Marston, in the time of Queen Anne. There is a branch of the Yardley free grammar school.

The location is that of Marston Chapel, as marked and named on the Ordnance Survey 1:10,560 "England - Worcestershire: 011/NW" map of 1887 (http://www.british-history.ac.uk/mapsheet.aspx?compid=55144&sheetid=9257&ox=4350&oy=1258&zm=2&czm=2&x=605&y=93, accessed 28 Sept 2011). Additional information about this locality is available for Yardley

Marston through time

Marston is now part of Birmingham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Birmingham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Marston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Marston, in Birmingham and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25737

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Marston ".