Place:


Garth  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Garth like this:

GARTH, a hamlet in Pentyrch parish, Glamorgan; 3¼ miles SW of Caerphilly. Real property, £4, 326; of which £1, 816 are in mines, and £344 in railways. Pop., 1, 053. This place is a resort of sportsmen.

Additional information about this locality is available for Pen Tyrch

Garth through time

Garth is now part of Rhondda; Cynon; Taff district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rhondda; Cynon; Taff has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Garth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Garth, in Rhondda; Cynon; Taff and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25658

Date accessed: 03rd August 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Garth ".