Place:


Hilcott  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hilcott like this:

HILCOTT, a tything in North Newnton parish, Wilts; near the river Avon, 7½ miles. ESE of Devizes. Pop., 262. There are a school house used as a chapel of ease and a Primitive Methodist chapel.

Additional information about this locality is available for North Newnton

Hilcott through time

Hilcott is now part of Kennet district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kennet has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hilcott itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hilcott, in Kennet and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25563

Date accessed: 23rd October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hilcott ".