Place:


Boreham  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Boreham like this:

BOREHAM, a hamlet 1 mile SE of Warminster, in Wilts. A church was erected here in 1865. Boreham House here is the property of Sir F. D. Astley, Bart. An earthwork in the vicinity, called the Berries, is a vestige of a Roman station on the road from Old Sarum to Bath; and has yielded Roman pottery and many coins.

Additional information about this locality is available for Warminster

Boreham through time

Boreham is now part of West Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Boreham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Boreham in West Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25546

Date accessed: 05th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Boreham ".