Place:


Wrangthorn  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wrangthorn like this:

WRANGTHORN, a chapelry in Leeds parish, W. R. Yorkshire; near Leeds. It was constituted in 1866; and its Post town is Leeds. Pop., about 2,200. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £150. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop.

The location is that of the church of St Augustine of Hippo, Wrangthorn, Leeds. Additional information about this locality is available for Leeds

Wrangthorn through time

Wrangthorn is now part of Leeds district. Click here for graphs and data of how Leeds has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wrangthorn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wrangthorn, in Leeds and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25539

Date accessed: 24th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wrangthorn ".