Place:


Pleck  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pleck like this:

PLECK and BESCOT, a chapelry in Walsall parish, Stafford; around Bescot r. station, 1½ mile S of Walsall. It was constituted in 1860; and its post town is Walsall. Pop., 3, 220. Houses, 650. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £112.* Patron, the Vicar of Walsall. The church is recent. See Bescot.

Additional information about this locality is available for Walsall

Pleck through time

Pleck is now part of Walsall district. Click here for graphs and data of how Walsall has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pleck itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pleck, in Walsall and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25506

Date accessed: 17th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pleck ".