Place:


Burley  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burley like this:

BURLEY, a village and a chapelry in Leeds parish, W. R. Yorkshire. The village stands near Headingley r. station, 2¾ miles NNW of Leeds; and has a post office under Leeds. The chapelry was constituted in 1849. Pop., 3,530. Houses, 749. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £230.* Patrons, Trustees. The church was rebuilt in 1837.

Additional information about this locality is available for Leeds

Burley through time

Burley is now part of Leeds district. Click here for graphs and data of how Leeds has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Burley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burley, in Leeds and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25419

Date accessed: 24th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Burley ".