Place:


Ashwood  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ashwood like this:

ASHWOOD, a hamlet in King's Swinford parish, Stafford; near the river Stour, 4½ miles NNW of Stour bridge. Remains of a Roman camp, called Wolver hampton churchyard, are on an adjacent heath.

Additional information about this locality is available for Kingswinford

Ashwood through time

Ashwood is now part of South Staffordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Staffordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ashwood itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ashwood, in South Staffordshire and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25337

Date accessed: 18th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ashwood ".