Place:


Abbey Hulton  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Abbey Hulton like this:

ABBEY-HULTON, a lordship in Burslem parish, Stafford; near Burslem r. station. It contains the hamlets of Milton and Sneyd-green; and has remains of a Cistertian Abbey, founded in 1223 by Henry de Audley. Pop., 726. Houses, 145.

The location is that of the site of Hulton Abbey, as marked on the modern 1:25,000 map, and is about half a mile to the north of where the name "Abbey Hulton" appears on the modern 1:25,000 map. Additional information about this locality is available for Burslem

Abbey Hulton through time

Abbey Hulton is now part of Stoke on Trent district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stoke on Trent has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Abbey Hulton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Abbey Hulton, in Stoke on Trent and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25336

Date accessed: 15th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Abbey Hulton ".