Place:


Hardwick  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hardwick like this:

HARDWICK, a hamlet in North Runcton parish, Norfolk; near the East Anglian railway, 1¼ mile SSE of Kings-Lynn. Pop., 23. A lepers' hospital was here before the time of Edward III. The hamlet was formerly a parish; and it still ranks as a rectory, annexed to the rectory of North Runcton, in the diocese of Norwich.

Additional information about this locality is available for North Runcton

Hardwick through time

Hardwick is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hardwick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hardwick in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25219

Date accessed: 10th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hardwick ".