Place:


Woodhouse  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woodhouse like this:

WOODHOUSE, a chapelry in Leeds parish, W. R. Yorkshire; within Leeds borough. It was constituted in 1831; and its Post town is Leeds. Pop. in 1861, 6,072. Houses, 1,334. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £140.* Patrons, Trustees. The church was built in 1825, at a cost of £10,456.

Additional information about this locality is available for Leeds

Woodhouse through time

Woodhouse is now part of Leeds district. Click here for graphs and data of how Leeds has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Woodhouse itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woodhouse, in Leeds and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25215

Date accessed: 24th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Woodhouse ".