Place:


Ringley  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ringley like this:

RINGLEY, a chapelry in Prestwich parish, Lancashire; on the river Irwell, and on the Manchester and Bury and Manchester and Bolton railways, 6¼ miles N W of Manchester. It has a station, of the name of Ringley-Road, on the M. and Bury railway; and its post town is Bolton. Pop., 800. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £250.* Patron, the Rector of Prestwich. The church was built in 1851.

Additional information about this locality is available for Prestwich

Ringley through time

Ringley is now part of Bolton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bolton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ringley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ringley, in Bolton and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25123

Date accessed: 05th July 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ringley ".