Place:


Littledale  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Littledale like this:

LITTLEDALE, a hamlet-chapelry in Caton-with-Littledale township, Lancaster parish, Lancashire; on an affluent of the river Lune, 2½ miles SSE of Caton r. station, and 6 E by N of Lancaster. Post town, Caton, under Lancaster. Rated property, £1,043. Pop., 93. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £48. Patron, the Vicar of Lancaster. The church was built in 1755. There is a dissenting chapel.

Additional information about this locality is available for Caton

Littledale through time

Littledale is now part of Lancaster district. Click here for graphs and data of how Lancaster has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Littledale itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Littledale, in Lancaster and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25114

Date accessed: 25th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Littledale ".