Place:


Lealholme  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lealholme like this:

LEALHOLME, a vale and a railway station, in Glaisdale parish, N. R. Yorkshire. The vale is traversed by a brook to the river Esk, at a point 10 miles WSW of Whitby; is well wooded to the length of about a mile; and has rocky sides about 150 feet high. The railway station is on the North Yorkshire and Cleveland railway, adjacent to the foot of the vale.

Additional information about this locality is available for Glaisdale

Lealholme through time

Lealholme is now part of Scarborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Scarborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lealholme itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lealholme, in Scarborough and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25082

Date accessed: 18th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Lealholme".