Place:


Dunton  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dunton like this:

DUNTON, a parish in Biggleswade district, Beds; adjacent to the boundary with Herts and Cambridge, 3½ miles ESE of Biggleswade town and r. station. It contains Millo and Newtown; and its post town is Biggleswade. Acres, 2, 840. Real property, £3, 090. Pop., 518. Houses, 105. The property is subdivided. Dunton lodge is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £120. Patron, Earl Brownlow. The church was recently rebuilt. There are a national school, and charities £5.

Dunton through time

Dunton is now part of Mid Bedfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Bedfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dunton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dunton in Mid Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2499

Date accessed: 08th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dunton ".