Place:


Grahamston  Stirlingshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Grahamston like this:

Grahamston, a quoad sacra parish in Falkirk parish Stirlingshire. Constituted in 1875, it is in the presbytery of Linlithgow and synod of Lothian and Tweeddale; the nominal stipend is £120. Church, ironworks, etc., are noticed under Falkirk. Pop. (1881) 5203.

Additional information about this locality is available for Falkirk

Grahamston through time

Grahamston is now part of Falkirk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Falkirk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Grahamston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Grahamston, in Falkirk and Stirlingshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24977

Date accessed: 30th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Grahamston ".