Place:


Wedgwood  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wedgwood like this:

WEDGWOOD, a township in Wolstanton parish, Stafford; near Newcastle-under-Lyne. Real property in 1860, £829. Pop. in 1851, 157; in 1861, 783. Houses, 140. The increase of pop. arose from the extension of the pottery trade, and from the erection of blast furnaces and ironworks.

Additional information about this locality is available for Wolstanton

Wedgwood through time

Wedgwood is now part of Stoke on Trent district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stoke on Trent has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wedgwood itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wedgwood, in Stoke on Trent and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24800

Date accessed: 07th July 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wedgwood ".