Place:


Bamber Bridge  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bamber Bridge like this:

BAMBERBRIDGE, a village and a chapelry in Blackburn parish, Lancashire The village stands adjacent to the East Lancashire railway, 3 miles SE by S of Preston; and has a post office under Preston, and a r. station. The chapelry was constituted in 1832. Rated property, £6,231. Pop., 2,182. Houses, 408. There are two large cotton factories. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £150.* Patron, the Vicar of Blackburn. The church was built in 1836. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.

Additional information about this locality is available for Walton le Dale

Bamber Bridge through time

Bamber Bridge is now part of South Ribble district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Ribble has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bamber Bridge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bamber Bridge, in South Ribble and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24746

Date accessed: 15th April 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bamber Bridge ".