Place:


Astrop  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Astrop like this:

ASTROP, a hamlet in Kings-Sutton and Newbottle parishes, Northampton; near the river Cherwell, 6 miles W of Brackley. Pop., 224. A mineral spring here, called St. Rumbald's well, was formerly much frequented for cutaneous diseases. Astrop Hall is the seat of E. Cunliffe, Esq.

Additional information about this locality is available for Kings Sutton

Astrop through time

Astrop is now part of South Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Astrop itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Astrop in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24703

Date accessed: 17th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Astrop ".