Place:


Frankwell  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Frankwell like this:

FRANKWELL, a chapelry in St. Chad parish, Salop; within Shrewsbury borough. It was constituted in 1836; and its post town is Shrewsbury. Rated property, £6, 713. Pop., 2, 581. Houses, 576. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £160.* Patron, the Vicar of St. Chad. The church is good.

Additional information about this locality is available for Shrewsbury

Frankwell through time

Frankwell is now part of Shrewsbury and Atcham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shrewsbury and Atcham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Frankwell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Frankwell, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24696

Date accessed: 15th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Frankwell ".