Place:


Plush  Dorset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Plush like this:

PLUSH, a tything in Buckland-Newton parish, Dorset; 3¼ miles E S E of CerneAbbas. Real property, £2,026. Pop., 164. There is a church; and the tything ranks as a chapelry, annexed to the vicarage of Buckland-Newton.

Additional information about this locality is available for Buckland Newton

Plush through time

Plush is now part of West Dorset district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Dorset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Plush itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Plush in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24650

Date accessed: 19th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Plush ".